1.4 Course Project: Research Project – Topic Selection & Source List-Assignment #1
Introduction and Alignment
In this unit, you should turn in a one-page proposal for the exegesis paper, along with a list of 5-8 scholarly sources. The one-page proposal should include the subject or passage selected for the exegesis paper, along with 3-5 questions about the subject/passage that the paper will seek to answer.
In the Course Resources (located in the first section of your course), the Research Project Guidelines has each part of this project combined into one document in case you would like to have all the instructions together. Of course, each specific assignment for this project is provided in each unit also.
1. Review the Bible and Course Resource: Research Project Guidelines.
2. This one-page proposal should include the subject or passage selected for the exegesis paper, along with 3-5 questions about the subject/passage that the paper will seek to answer. When preparing this assignment, follow these guidelines:
o Student can choose between treating a theme or a passage in either Galatians or Romans.
? If a theme is chosen, multiple passages will be treated in the paper in order to display the breadth of the theme.
? If a passage is chosen, a student can focus purely on the single passage and how it contributes to the argument of the letter.
? If a student does not have ample experience writing research papers, it is suggested that a passage be chosen, rather than a theme.
o Any passage from Romans or Galatians may be chosen as a topic for the research paper, subject to approval by the instructor.
o If a theme is preferred, suggested subjects are: justification, torah, circumcision, sanctification, eschatology, and the Spirit.
3. The list of 5-8 sources should be from the world of contemporary scholarship, consisting of commentaries, books, and/or articles about the particular book, theme, or passage that the student is treating. As a result, the following sources should be completely avoided:
o Internet Sources (other than articles downloaded from the ATLA database)
o Whole-Bible Commentaries (Matthew Henry, etc.)
o Works published before 1970
o Study Bibles
o Devotional Works
4. Further guidelines for the 5-8 sources include:
o Only one source can be taken from a Bible dictionary
o Bibles are not considered one of the 5-8 sources.
5. Submit your proposal as a Word document
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]