This project must be done individually or groups of two (max).
This final case study must be submitted in softcopy only on the assigned due date to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted
PRESENTATION OF FINAL ASSIGNMENT
You must include a title page that lists your name, Student ID and the unit number and title.
Number all pages sequentially.
Any published material you refer to must be properly referenced (Harvard Referencing) and included in a reference list at the end of your assignment.
FINAL CASE STUDY SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Due Date: Thursday, 15th July 2017
Weighing: 80% of total assessment
LATE ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION POLICY
Any student submitting their assignments 2 days after the designated deadline will be considered as a Late Assignment Submission which will incur a penalty of CHF 100/SAR 380.
The penalty amount will be automatically added to your subsequent month’s Course Fee.
NOTE: The first page of each final case study must include the following declaration:
I certify that this assignment is my own work, based on my personal study and/or research, and that I have acknowledged all material and sources used in the preparation of this final case study whether they be books, articles, reports, lecture notes, any other kind of document, electronic or personal communication.
I also certify that the final case study has not previously been submitted for assessment in any other course or at any other time in this Course, unless by negotiation, and that I have not copied in part or whole or otherwise plagiarised the work of other students and/or persons. I have read the GBS policy on plagiarism and understand its implications.
Final case study that do not include the above declaration will not be marked.
Plagiarism is a form of cheating, by representing someone else’s work as your own or using someone else’s work (another student or author) without acknowledging it with a reference. This is a serious breach of the Academic Regulations and will be dealt with accordingly.
Plagiarism occurs whenever you do any of the following things without acknowledging the original source:
Copy information from any source (including the study guide, books, newspapers, the internet)
Use another person’s concepts or ideas
Summarize or paraphrase another person’s work.
How do I avoid plagiarism?
To ensure you are not plagiarizing, you must acknowledge with a reference whenever you:
use another person’s ideas, opinions or theory
include any statistics, graphs or images that have been compiled or created by another person or organization
paraphrase another’s written or spoken word
You are required to use the below mentioned referencing system:
The Harvard Referencing System; e.g. ‘Smith (1985) listed five key factors’
FINAL CASE STUDY
Fight Viral with Viral: A Case Study of Dominos Pizzas Crisis Communication Strategies (see attached)
1. understanding the impact of social media on public relation practices
2. understanding the concept of crisis communications
3. understanding the challenges faced by PR practitioners, marketers or corporate communicators
(Please see the last page for the marks you can obtain for each question:
1. What impact does social media have on public relations practices, particularly crisis communications and reputation management? How significant is it for organizations today to monitor content on social media sites, including hash tags and other signs of internal and external dialogue?
2. How should crisis communications preparedness plans address the proliferation of social media outlets?
3. From the perspective of crisis communicators concerned with social media, what else could Dominos have done or said to prove with action that its key messages are sincere? What other messages could Dominos have delivered?
4. What other types of traditional media and social media could Dominos have used to reach its stakeholders?
5. What other challenges do you think that PR practitioners, marketers, or corporate communicators could have in telling the truth in the digital age?
6. How important is speed of response rate in a digital world, particularly when an organization is facing a crisis situation?
1. According to its website, Media Curves is the leader in public perception of topical issues. This communications research company uses its patent pending technology to evaluate the believability of a particular video, such as the apology posted on YouTube by Domino Pizzas President Patrick Doyle. To see how Media Curves technology captured peoples perceptions of Doyles apology video, watch Doyles apology video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvg4-E2C8UE. Discuss the specific moments in the video that people found most believable and least believable and what public relations practitioners can learn from studies like this. For added references you can search the web(google) to watch assessments of video apologies by any other communications research company.
2. Using the framework presented in this article, apply the Arthur W. Page Societys principles (Vision, Mission & Goals, n.d.), Seegers (2006) best practices, and Veil, Buehner, and Palenchars (2011) suggestions for integrating social media to United Airlines and its handling of Dave Carrolls United Breaks Guitar Video or to Providence Renaissance and its handling of Joey Quits video. What lessons can be learned about social media and crisis communication from analyzing these organizations strategies?
3. To see how Dominos has dealt with this crisis, consider some background information about its Pizza Turnaround campaign. How does this compare with the best practices? How did tweets like #newpizza help?
Table of Content
Please indicate the page number
List of Figures
Figure 1 8
References of your Case Study (10 marks)
Last page of your assignment must include the complete list of the references used during the completion of your assignment with all the details.
Format for referencing from print media like books:
FAMILY/SURNAME, Initials. (Publication year in brackets) Book title italicised or underlined. Series title and volume if applicable. Edition if not the first. Place of publication: publisher.
NEVILLE, C. (2010) The Complete Guide to Referencing and Avoiding Plagiarism. 2nd Ed. Maidenhead: Open University Press.
Format for referencing from electronic sources:
Author of website FAMILY/SURNAME, Initials or WEBSITE name if no author is available. (Year in brackets) Title of website in italics or underlined. Any numbers if necessary or available if website is part of a series. [Online in square brackets] Available from: URL. [Accessed: followed by date in square brackets].
BBC NEWS. (2008) Factory gloom worst since 1980. [Online] Available from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7681569.st m. [Accessed: 19th June 2012].
Report Format (5 marks)
Allocated Obtained Marks
Introduction to the Case Study
The introduction should generally include three key types of information: Background, Aims/Objectives and Scope 5
Q-1: What impact does social media have on public relations practices, particularly crisis communications and reputation management? How significant is it for organizations today to monitor content on social media sites, including hash tags and other signs of internal and external dialogue?
Q: 2 How should crisis communications preparedness plans address the proliferation of social media outlets? 8
Q: 3 From the perspective of crisis communicators concerned with social media, what else could Dominos have done or said to prove with action that its key messages are sincere? What other messages could Dominos have delivered? 12
Q: 4 What other types of traditional media and social media could Dominos have used to reach its stakeholders? 8
Q: 5 What other challenges do you think that PR practitioners, marketers, or corporate communicators could have in telling the truth in the digital age? 12
Q: 6 How important is speed of response rate in a digital world, particularly when an organization is facing a crisis situation? 8
Learning Activity 1 9
Learning Activity 2 9
Learning Activity 3 9
Conclusions must include three main parts: Aim, Brief Summary and Final Comments considering future. 5
Harvard referencing format is followed for writing, citations and bibliography. Intext referencing and Citations must be included. 10
Margins, Font, Line Spacing, Alignment, Pagination and Headings 5
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]