Using the information gathered from your SWOT analysis conducted in Unit II, create an external factor analysis (EFAS)
table for the company you researched. Use Microsoft Word, or a similar program, to create your table. It should have five
columns. The first column heading should be titled External Factors, the second column should be titled Weight, the third
column should be titled Rating, the fourth column should be titled Weighted Score, and the fifth column should be titled
1. In the External Factors column, list at least six opportunities you saw in the company you researched. Underneath the
opportunities, list at least six threats you saw in the company you researched.
2. In the Weight column, assign an importance factor to each of these issues. It is important to note that whenever
working with weighted averages, the weight column should always total 1.0, or 100%, regardless of how many factors
are included in the EFAS analysis. It is up to the analyst to decide how much weight each individual external factor is
assigned based on the probable impact on a particular companys current strategic position. The higher the weight,
the more important the factor to the current and future success of the company. An important factor may have a
weight of 0.5 (50%), while a less important factor may have a weight of .05 (5%). When all is finished, however, all
factor weights should total 1.0, or 100%. You may not be privy to the exact information for this company, so in some
cases you will need to use your best judgment. (You will justify your weighting in column five.)
3. In the Rating column, assign a rating factor from 5.0-1.0 (5.0 is outstanding; 1.0 is poor). These ratings are based on
the companys response to that particular factor. It is your judgment call on how the company is currently dealing with
each specific factor. Once again, you may need to make an estimate in this area if you are not privy to all of the
information. (You will justify your weighting in column five.)
4. In the Weighted Score column, multiply the weight from column 2 by the rating in column 3 to get the factors
5. In the Comments column, explain why a particular factor was selected and how its weight and rating were estimated.
6. At the bottom of column 4, add the weighted scores for the external factors. Is the company doing better or worse
than others in the same industry? Complete this answer underneath your table.
Format your assignment using APA Style. Use your own words, and include citations and references as needed to avoid
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]